- Key role within the Mechanical Design Team
- Work across full project lifecycle
About Our Client
MHM Automation's core purpose is to enable clients to have high quality automated solutions for their global customers with their vision of being recognised as the global leader in chilling and freezing system whilst delivering sustainable innovation and value to their partners.
MHM Automation is an international leader in turn-key automated solutions to the dairy, meat, food & beverage and packaging industries. MHM specialises in materials handling, reverse packaging and large scale chilling and freezing solutions with installations across Australia, NZ, Europe, and North America. MHM product brands include H&C, Milmeq, AiCo and BetaVac.
MHM manages the design, manufacture, installation, commission and after sales support with team members located in 5 locations: Hastings, Christchurch, Auckland, Brisbane and Green Bay USA.
- Take the lead when required in leading the design output of the team for assigned projects - this includes coordinating the assembly of overall project design model to the required specification for project related design reviews
- Develop overall concept designs for assigned projects taking into consideration the various stakeholder needs including those of the client, project engineering and manufacturing
- Prepare detailed manufacturing drawings, arrangement drawings, part drawings, dxf files and materials take-off lists whilst considering correct drafting practices (Views, GD&T, Welding requirements)
- Consider and incorporate manufacturing and assembly processes into designs - machining, profiling, folding, maintenance and assembly access etc
- Mentor and train junior designers in CAD design requirements, company software, 3D modelling skills and preferred practices, and design and drawings standards
- Ensure the design is fit for purpose and aligns with the project GA drawing, product specification as sold and basis of design
- Provide design input into the preparation of quotations and tender documents
- Participate in the completion of HAZOPS and MRA's providing detailed technical input
- Visit sites as needed during installation/commissioning/operation to tackle identified design issues and further understanding of product requirements and incorporate this back into the design
- Lead and contribute to the implementation of improvements to the mechanical design and engineering process aligned with the project team
- Coordinate and provide guidance to any subcontract engineers and designers to ensure their output aligns with the requirements of the project and is of high quality
- Provide efficient and effective internal communications to ensure all required people are informed of progress to ensure the project proceeds on time
- Maintain a commercial and business-like relationship with sub-contractors and suppliers
The Successful Applicant
- Tertiary qualified (BE Mechanical), preferred CPEng and RPEQ, or must be able to obtain RPEQ
- Minimum of 8 years' experience concept and design of mechanical & structural systems - preferably in the Food Industry
- Full understanding of Due Diligence process, proven track record of working with sub-contractors and equipment suppliers
- Extensive experience with Inventor Professional, Vault Basic and AutoCAD
- Extensive experience in creating manufacturing drawings - GD&T, Welding requirements, appropriate dimensioning for manufacturability
- Able to relate to people at all levels of the organisation
- The ability to continually raise the bar, think and act in the long term
- Qualities of resourcefulness, initiative and innovation
- An ability to communicate effectively internally and externally and build/ maintain relationships
- Ideally you will have knowledge of structural engineering & manufacturing practices
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be provided a rare opportunity to join an international focused company in a critical project delivery role. On offer is a competitive salary package being offered on a full time basis.
If you are currently in a similar role and are looking for a change into a genuinely exciting role where no two days are the same, then this may be the opportunity for you. Additionally, if you are looking to take the next step in your career MHM Automation offers a supportive team environment delivering a diverse range of projects that will keep you engaged every day.