- Key Leadership role within the Project Team
- Work across full project lifecycle
About Our Client
Milmeq's core purpose is to enable clients to have high quality automated solutions for their global customers with their vision of being recognised as the global leader in chilling and freezing system whilst delivering sustainable innovation and value to their partners. The Milmeq chilling and freezing business was purchased by MHM Automation in March 2019.
MHM Automation is an international leader in turn-key automated solutions to the dairy, meat, food & beverage and packaging industries. MHM specialises in materials handling, reverse packaging and large scale chilling and freezing solutions with installations across Australia, NZ, Europe, and North America. MHM product brands include H&C, Milmeq, AiCo and BetaVac.
MHM Manages the design, manufacture, installation, commission and after sales support with staff located in 5 locations: Hastings, Christchurch, Auckland, Brisbane and Green Bay USA.
- Undertake engineering calculations for mechanical and structural elements of projects and ensure compliance to relevant standards
- Ensure overall project compliance to relevant standards and be responsible for maintaining a compliance library for allocated projects
- Liaise with external consultants to manage progress of external certification works
- Consider and incorporate manufacturing and assembly processes into designs - machining, profiling, folding, maintenance, and assembly access etc
- Apply knowledge of Functional Safety to the design and implementation of projects
- Constantly seeks to adopt the most up to date and innovative design practices
- Be fully conversant with the relevant aspects of the design of the project and co-ordinates work to the required standard
- All agreed deadlines are achieved
- Discuss and solve problems with engineering departments, sub-contractors and suppliers when required
- When constraints occur, which may cause the project to overrun key deadlines a plan of action is developed to ensure the problem is overcome
- Lead the team as and when requested by the Manager
- Supports and assists team members with work and deliverables
- Provide technical support and information
The Successful Applicant
- Tertiary qualified (BE Mechanical), preferred CPEng and RPEQ, or must be able to obtain RPEQ
- Minimum of 8 years' experience concept and design of mechanical & structural systems - preferably in the Food Industry
- Full understanding of Due Diligence process, proven track record of working with sub-contractors and equipment suppliers
- Highly skilled with Inventor Professional, Vault Basic and AutoCAD
- Extensive experience in creating manufacturing drawings - GD&T, Welding requirements, appropriate dimensioning for manufacturability
- Continually raises the bar, thinking and acting in the long term
- Qualities of resourcefulness, initiative, and innovation
- High level of computer literacy
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be provided a rare opportunity to join an international focused company in a critical project delivery role. On offer is a competitive salary package being offered on a full time basis.
If you are currently in a similar role and are looking for a change into a genuinely exciting role where no two days are the same, then this may be the opportunity for you. Additionally, if you are looking to take the next step in your career Milmeq offers a supportive team environment delivering a diverse range of projects that will keep you engaged every day.