Leading Total Quality Assurance Provider
Entrepreneurial Culture, Innovative Solutions
About Our Client
Intertek is a leading quality solutions provider to industries worldwide. From auditing and inspection, to testing, training, advisory, quality assurance and certification, Intertek adds value for its customers by helping improve the quality and safety of their products, assets and processes. With a network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 41,500 people in more than 100 countries, Intertek supports companies' success in the global marketplace, by helping customers to meet end user's expectations for safety, sustainability, performance, integrity and desirability in virtually any market worldwide.
Asset Integrity Management Services is part of the Industry Services Global Business Line, and it includes NDT, Materials Testing, Specialist Services, Failure Analysis, Welding Services and NDT Training and Consulting.
With this truly unique role you will be a technically sound Metallurgist with experience across workshops, operational sites in particularly shutdowns. Alternatively you are a Senior Metallurgist with a strong commercial acumen and a desire to grow a team within a full suite of power station works.
This position will require regular travel and will suit a candidate residing in South Australia or Queensland with easy access to a major airport.
The Successful Applicant
You will bring with you:
- A bachelor's degree in metallurgy or demonstrated relevant industry experience.
- Experienced in reviewing and analysing replications on-site for the power industry.
- Identification of corrosion mechanisms, corrodents and causes of corrosion.
- Competent in micro structural analysis of metals and alloys, particularly steels, stainless steels, cast irons, and welds and understand structure-processing-property relationships, particularly for heat treated component.
- Ability to travel extensively to power plants throughout Australia
- Minimum 7 years of practical experience working in power industry.
- AICIP qualifications/engineering experience in power station would be of great benefit.
- Ability to write and review technical reports for clients.
Ideally you will also have:
- Post Graduate Qualifications
- Understanding of non-destructive test techniques as they relate to failure analysis and corrosion investigations.
- Experience in working with ISO Quality Systems
What's on Offer
You will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary package in line with market conditions on top of a range of company benefits in line with the duties and responsibilities that arise in the role.
As a global company that values its purpose, of bringing, quality, safety and sustainability to life, they offer a supportive team environment that will assist you in success throughout this role and as you grow your career with Intertek.