Senior Network Administrator
High profile venue management organisation with an iconic portfolio
Highly accesible inner city location
About Our Client
Our client is responsible for the management of widely distributed venues with the capacity to host national and international events.
- Develop, support and maintain business critical data communications networks, including LAN, MAN, WAN, WLAN, internet and gateway services.
- Manage and ensure the effectiveness of security solutions including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, Virtual Private Networks and network access controls.
- Perform security audits and regularly report to management on the effectiveness of security controls, and current and emerging security threats/trends.
- Manage the on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions (and workarounds as required).
- Plan, implement and review network equipment acquisitions and enhancements including network firewalls, routers, switches, WAPs, power protection systems and security appliances.
- Oversee the installation and maintenance of critical cabling infrastructure including telephony, Ethernet and fibre systems.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network administration, usage and disaster recovery.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience and success with enterprise-level LAN (and VLAN), MAN, WAN, and WLAN implementation and support.
- Proven ability to configure and manage firewalls, routers, switches, access points, bridges, security appliances and other networking technologies.
- Experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Excellent technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards.
- Strong knowledge of network management and analysis tools.
- Experience in documenting technical solutions, processes and procedures.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
What's on Offer
- High profile venue management organisation with an iconic portfolio
- Challenging environment
- Attractive salary package