Senior Network Engineer
Great opportunity at a Not for Profit
Permanent role - CBD location
About Our Client
My client is a very well respected Not for Profit organisation in the CBD. You will be joining an organisation that gives back to the community where you will have an opportunity to make a real difference
Key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
IT Infrastructure Management(network):
- Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures.
- Uses network management tools to determine network load and performance statistics.
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of maintenance and installation work.
- Implements agreed network changes and maintenance routines.
- Identifies operational network problems and contributes to their resolution, checking that they are managed in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
- Provides reports and proposals for improvement, to specialists, users and managers.
- Drafts and maintains procedures and documentation for network support.
- Makes a significant contribution to the investigation, diagnosis and resolution of network problems.
- Ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures.
- Maintains the network support process and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Uses network management software and tools to investigate and diagnose network problems, collect performance statistics and create reports, working with users, other staff and suppliers as appropriate.
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of policy, standards, procedures and documentation for security.
- Maintains security administration processes and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Provides guidance in defining access rights and privileges.
- Investigates security breaches in accordance with established procedures and recommends required actions and supports / follows up to ensure these are implemented.
- Provides advice, assistance and leadership associated with the planning, design and improvement of service and component availability, including the investigation of all breaches of availability targets and service non availability, with the instigation of remedial activities.
- Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability.
- Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels.
- Maintains secure configuration, applying and maintaining tools, techniques and processes to identify, track, log and maintain accurate, complete and current information.
- Initiates and monitors actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services.
- Determines problem fixes/remedies.
- Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Ensures that incidents are handled according to agreed procedures. Investigates escalated incidents and seeks resolution.
- Act as a constructive member of the Infrastructure team.
- Contribute to a culture of openness, feedback and productivity
- Actively engage and participate in the performance management framework and review processes
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will ideally have most of the following experience and skill set:
- Cisco CCNP in switching and routing
- Cisco CCNA Collaboration(Voice)
- Cisco CCNA Security
- ITIL V2/3 Foundation.
- Degree in IT discipline
- 7+ yrs Corporate IT experience in complexmulti-site environments.
- 5+ yrs' experience implementing, supporting and maintaining network infrastructure including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless and VoIP to support enterprise data and communications environments.
- Demonstrated experience with network standards, practices and technologies including:
- Strong understanding of LAN and WAN networking concepts:
- Switching - VLAN's, capacity planning
- Routing - OSPF, HSRP, BGP etc.
- WAN - MPLS, VPLS, VPN, QoS
- Voice - POTS, VoiP, SIP Trunking
- BGP, HSRP, VTP and OSPF 5+ years (required).
- Experience in data center networking technologies and techniques.
- Experience with large enterprise designs and implementations.
- Understanding of Security principles, domains, zones, DMZs and customer connections.
- Good documentation and Visio skills.
- Commitment to change management.
- A demonstrated passion for social change
- Skilled at navigating a complex organization, forging relationships, and managing through influence rather than direct authority as required.
- You operate with personal integrity
- You succeed through excellent communication skills and a high service orientation
What's on Offer
On offer is a permanent position at a highly reputable Not for Profit. This role would suit a highly experienced Senior Network Engineer who can hit the ground running