Senior Network Specialist
CCNA & CCNP
Golbal Engineering Organisation
About Our Client
A leading engineering organisation with a global footprint. You will be exposed to a large enterprise environment supporting the network, wireless and security infrastructure. Key technologies supported are Cisco ISE, Cisco Routers, Switches and Wireless. The position is based in Brisbane, supporting Data Centres in Sydney and Brisbane and projects around the country.
- Provide 3rd level network support
- Manage and maintain the network infrastructure and associated software and hardware
- Ensure the design, provisioning, upgrading, capacity planning and performance testing of network (data, storage, cabling, firewalls, and load balancers) systems infrastructure
- Maintain a service approach towards network infrastructure
- Provide related documentation and handover for a 2nd line incident response capability for network infrastructure operational issues. Establish strong processes in line with industry standards.
- Produce design, technical documentation, test plans, reports and records regarding infrastructure solutions.
- Test, implement, monitor and tune networking software/hardware to ensure optimum systems performance and highlight potential issues.
- Ensure compliance to corporate change control procedures and methodologies.
- Ensure sufficient analysis of network traffic data and providing recommendations on performance improvements to network infrastructures as appropriate.
- Project site setup work - Switch configuration, Networking deployments
- Maintain and ensure that current SLA requirements for support
- Maintain a secure networking environment by monitoring and reporting security breaches and any unauthorised data access
- Maintain thorough network documentation
- Liaise with other information systems staff to develop strategies to integrate network developments with systems and business developments
- Maintain currency with developments in networking technologies including routing and switching, network operating systems, security and network protocols
The Successful Applicant
- Possess strong Cisco skills, must have Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP)
- Experience with Cisco ISE would be held in high regard
- Experience with switching & routing in a large corporate environment
- Experience with Cisco collaboration technologies
- Experience with management of network security infrastructure and understanding of security principles and best practice
- Experience with wireless technology
- Relevant Industry qualifications or tertiary degree
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Good understanding of change management processes
- A focus on Customer Service and business enablement
What's on Offer
This is an exciting role that would ideally suit a dynamic, experienced IT professional that has come from a Network Support role and is seeking to join a world leader in Engineering.