Senior or Principal Engineer - Tailings & Mine Waste Industry
Senior Consultant for a global consulting firm.
Key delivery role within a growing Mine Waste team
About Our Client
Our client SRK Consulting was originally founded in 1974, the Group now employs more than 1,200 staff internationally in over 45 offices in 20 countries on 6 continents. In Australia, SRK employs over 100 people in offices located in Brisbane, Melbourne, Newcastle, Perth and Sydney.
SRK consultants are known globally for their technical excellence and desire to seek out challenging projects and offer optimal solutions. SRK's suite of services includes; independent technical advisory services, due diligence and confidential internal reviews, project evaluation, feasibility studies, exploration and resource geology, geotechnical engineering, geochemistry, geophysics, hydrogeology, mine waste and environmental management.
As a Senior Consultant your role will be involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle involving the design and operation of tailings facilities, leach pads or waste dumps amongst other varied mining projects.
The Successful Applicant
Ultimately to be successful in this role you will have the following key skills:
- Tertiary Civil Engineering qualifications and relevant industry experience
- 6+ years of experience post-graduation
- Affiliation with MAusIMM, MIEAust, MAIG or equivalent
- Proven ability across Mining Projects in a consulting environment
- Ideally you will possess relevant experience in the design and operation of tailings facilities, leach pads or waste dumps.
What's on Offer
SRK's Brisbane based team has more combined experience, providing excellent opportunities for mentoring in addition to challenging projects and the opportunity to provide design input to best practice standards. Additionally, a role with SRK's offers;
- Comfortable, flexible work environment in convenient location
- Varied project work with both local and international scope
- Significant investment in your career development via conference and workshop attendance
- International secondment and transfer opportunities
- Interaction with other discipline areas on multidisciplinary studies to expand your knowledge base
On offer is a competitive salary package, lifestyle location and the chance to be a part of a strong team key delivery role. You will be working on marquee projects. In addition you be given the opportunity to work side by side with key stakeholders within the business offering genuine career growth opportunities.