Senior People & Culture Advisor
National professional services firm, local corporate team + fee earners
Manage HR for WA & NT - 70 staff. Full generalist remit, sit on leadership team
About Our Client
Our client is an Australian legal firm with presence in most states, and an established corporate services team.
You'll align with WA and NT, which are both a different stages in their evolution - WA being slightly more established than NT, but with both centres growing and continuing to build their respective brands in market.
As the national business has expanded, the focus is now squarely on integration, connection and consistency and this is a cultural message you'll look to drive and embed.
You'll set up in brand new offices in the heart of the Perth CBD, designed specifically to encourage flexible working.
Reporting to the HR Manager (for WA, NT & VIC), you will:
- Sit on the WA leadership team with the Partners and have a true voice and opportunity for influence
- Take responsibility for ensuring national objectives are translated to the local businesses and embedded appropriately
- Ensure all ER-oriented work is cared for appropriately (grievances, performance management, probationary processes, disciplinaries, remuneration advice, employee benefits, and terminations)
- Take on full function recruitment and all associated responsibilities including developing position descriptions, considering appropriate recruitment strategies, arranging and attending interviews, reference checking, making offers, inductions and on-boarding process.
- Draft workplace policies, participate in remuneration review process, act as key contract for OSH including for audit requirements, manage workers compensation
- Contribute actively as part of the national HR team of 16
- Support internal learning and development via creation of initiatives and programs against upskilling, retention, leadership and delivery of service
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for and successful in this role you will:
- Offer significant depth to your HR experience, having succeeded at Senior Advisor / Senior BP level in the past
- Ideally come from a legal or professional or financial services background
- Be comfortable in a 'remote' reporting function (even though you will be anything but isolated from your national team and leader) and able to make your own decisions
- Be articulate, immaculately presented, engaging, confident and exceptionally professional
- Love being down in the detail of HR (there are support functions in place for the basic administration), but also capable of sitting at the table in a leadership meeting and contributing in a meaningful way
- Thrive in a demanding, fast-paced workplace with high standards for performance
What's on Offer
In return you will:
- Enjoy autonomy and high levels of day to day responsibility in your role
- Have opportunity to build strong relationships with the people you work with and support, especially the 3 partners and middle management
- Be supported in your success by an incredible manager and the wider HR team. You will be consistently engaged with them, in both a formal (weekly WIP meetings) and informal manner (check in via Teams whenever you need!)
- Get a seat at the table (have a voice), not only locally (as part of the leadership team), but in the larger HR business unit also
- Work in brand new offices specifically set up to encourage flexible / dynamic working
- Be able to access flexible working arrangements as a result
- Take on HR projects for the firm
- Be well remunerated for your efforts