Senior Process Engineer
Leading provider of integrated construction materials
Excellent remuneration package and career development opportunities
About Our Client
Adelaide Brighton is a leading Australian integrated construction materials and lime producing group of companies. They manufacture and supply a range of products to the building, construction, infrastructure and mineral processing markets throughout the country. Our company's principal activities include the production, importation and distribution of clinker, cement, industrial lime, premixed concrete, aggregates and concrete products.
The Senior Process Engineer is responsible for creating, delivering and managing a process improvement framework. This will include standardising how the performance of assets is assessed, and then working with the various operations process engineers and technical managers to deliver improved performance.
- Standardisation of asset performance reporting, including rate, efficiency, process downtime, waste etc.
- Benchmark asset performance against best practice
- Development and implementation of process improvement framework to improve asset performance to benchmark levels. This will include being a key driver in identifying and implementing these improvement initiatives, along with operations engineers and management.
- Develop and deliver standardised assessment tools for mills and kilns and train operational engineers to assist will day to day optimisation.
- Provide direction and coaching in planning for, execution of and review improvement initiatives
- Ensure projects for energy reduction initiatives are investigated with Technical Manager SA/NSW or WA/NT
- Provide advice and guidance about day to day process changes required to optimise plant performance
- Implement initiatives and control processes to optimise kiln campaign life and mill media usage consumption
- Ensure that all clinker and cement manufacturing improvement initiative comply with necessary environmental standards. Where non-compliance to environmental standards exists assist operations to address the issues.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly motivated, driven change leader with the ability to influence across all aspects of the organisation. Additionally, you will possess:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering (or similar)
- Precalciner technology, ball mill and vertical roller mill experience
- Experience in alternate fuels, in particular burning of solid alternate fuels
- Experience in refractory selection and installation
- 10+ years relevant experience
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with a highly lucrative remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.