Senior Procurement Category Manager
Work proactively with internal stakeholders to drive mid-long term strategy
Take ownership for developing sourcing and SRM tools to achive strategy
About Our Client
Our client is a large Utilities organisation with head offices in Sydney CBD.
As Senior Procurement Category Manager you will be responsible for establishing and developing a procurement cycle that delivers value to the business. You responsibilities will include:
- Manage budgets within expected guidelines and service levels
- Encourage high performance and collaborative behaviours in a highly matrixed organisation
- Act as a strategic partner and an advisor to the Business Units on relevant Category and Supply Base Management matters.
- Leading the prioritisation, development and execution of category, supplier and sourcing strategies
- Working in partnership with other teams within Strategic Procurement, evaluate and apply appropriate methodologies to achieve improved category management processes
- Support the development, implementation, monitoring of the SRM program governance, joint improvement and innovation frameworks for each relationship category and include in contracts as appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candiate for the roel of Senior Procurement Category Manager will be able to demonstrate the following:
- CIPS Accreditation considered an advantage.
- Extensive experience in leading procurement category strategies and supplier relationship management activities in IT and Corporate Services, preferably for power and utilities industries.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Knowledge of contemporary procurement and contract management systems, preferably SAP, ELLIPSE, ARIBA.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and build a culture of accountability and performance
What's on Offer
As Senior Procurement Category Manager you will be rewarded working for an organisation that prides itself on its results and its relationships. you will receive a competitive salary plus super and bonus