Senior Production Planner
Critical position working across a high risk product portfolio
Highly technical and client-focused role
About Our Client
Our client is a market leader in the development and manufacturing of consumer goods across the Australian market. They are looking to enhance their production planning team with a focus on stakeholder management. The business has a strong history in this sector and continues to enjoy success through their ability to manufacture market leading products.
As an integral member of the Supply Chain team, you will report to the Operations Manager and be responsible for the holistic planning and scheduling of the production operations. Specifically, you will:
- Be hands-on in achieving customers' requirements and fulfil agreed contracts, including strong customer service aspect of the planning areas
- Ensure the factory is meeting its client's orders and DIFOT targets
- Compile daily production schedules
- Daily coordination of Customer Relations i.e. Open Orders, Customer Queries & DIFOT etc.
- Raise purchase orders for raw materials and packaging materials to meet the order delivery dates
- Source new packaging requirements and support the procurement activities of driving cost competitiveness
- Cross-train within the planning team in order to support the department where required
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly motivated and driven Supply Chain professional with previous experience in the following:
- Strong experience of production planning, specifically within a high risk FMCG environment
- Previous experience in looking after raw materials and product packaging.
- A good working knowledge of an ERP system and advanced MS Word & Excel skills
- Exceptional Client Relationship Management experience
- High analytical aptitude and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and team based skills are essential
- The ability to adapt to changing conditions while maintaining a high level of output
What's on Offer
This role is working with an Australian pioneer in the consumer goods manufacturing sector. The position will offer a dynamic candidate a genuine opportunity to have an effect on the organisations success. There is an opportunity to grow with the business and be involved a number of different functions within the group.