Senior Project Manager
Market Leading Underground Contractor
Leadership role with a large privately owned business
About Our Client
RUC Mining has built a strong reputation as the world leader in raise drilling and they also offer a complete turnkey underground hard rock solution with leading mechanised mining and shaft sinking capability. They have been operating for over 26 years with over 2,000+ highly experienced mining experts globally and a fleet of modern equipment which allows them to provide all the answers underground.
As the Senior Project Manager your primary focus is to manage the Mining Contract to the satisfaction of the internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve forecasted targets for production and development from the mines. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Commercial management of contract, direct responsibility for the submission of progress claims and ensuring that all contract entitlements are claimed and defended.
- People management of 180 indirect employees and four direct reports being a Project Manager, Senior Mining Engineer, Maintenance Manager and HSE Manager.
- Manage resources to achieve the maximum value from the contract by assessing operational effectiveness on an ongoing basis and implement change as required
- Fleet management of the RUC fleet to achieve maximum operational availability and maximum life at the lowest possible cost through effective communication with the mining maintenance and safety departments.
- Accountable for the financial performance of the contract in order to achieve the desired financial forecasts. Individually responsible for the development of budgets, forecasts, capital expenditure and Opex justifications for the project.
- Over-arching responsibility for procurement and inventory management to ensure the project is sufficiently resourced with spare parts and mining supplies
- Ensure timely project status reports are issued to interested parties
- Personal commitment to safe work practices and safe behaviour as well as participation and contribution in incident investigations, risk assessments and safety communication sessions and events.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly motivated and driven professional with previous experience as a Senior Project Manager in underground mining preferably. Additionally, you will possess:
- A tertiary education, preferably mining orientated with a significant large project management experience, a senior First Aid Certificate and a Driver's License
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven financial and resource management skills.
- A genuine passion for continuous improvement and sound people management skills.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of employees and customers and a hands on approach toward team facilitation and conflict resolution.
- Have a keen interest in developing digital applications in an underground environment and autonomous mining solutions
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities: Other benefits include:
* A competitive remuneration Package circa $270,000/annum package
* FIFO roster 5:2 & 4:3 at a WA based mine
*A dynamic yet stable work environment with a focus on core team values.