Senior Project Manager
An opportunity to work on a large national capital works program for defence
An award winning, global multi-disaplined project management consultancy firm
About Our Client
My Client has long been regarded as one of Australia's leading project management consultancy firms. With a track record of delivering some of the ACT's & nation's most iconic projects, their work is secured through an unparalleled customer experience, technical excellence and exceptional project delivery. In an industry so often dictated by price my client continues to kick the trend by focusing on tailor made solutions to provide the best outcome for their clients. Their large portfolio of loyal and repeat clients in particular defence has been built on the understanding that paying more for management and delivery ultimately has significant cost benefits to the project as a whole. With strong connections within the government and defence space this approach means their pipeline of work has been able to move forward unabated by the recent disruptions from COVID - 19.
Delivering at all phases of an opportunity, from early business development, bid assembly, then delivery through the various project phases. The role requires the resilience to operate within a fast- paced environment that is supported by the executive, national team and network. Projects are varied and complex and occur at various sites across Australia.
- Responsible for the delivery of complex projects to the required quality, schedule and budget
- Manage project contracts to ensure exposure is minimised and controlled. This includes development of contracts/scopes of work, valuing/certifying payments, valuing variations, accepting finished works, and resolving and negotiating disputes with subcontractors and clients.
- Produce and maintain appropriate project management documentation including project plan, communication plan, project reports, implementation plans, project schedules and meeting agendas/minutes.
- Maintain accurate financial forecasts, estimates, schedules and risk management programs
The Successful Applicant
- Ambitious and confident with exceptional oral and written skills
- BSc, Eng, Arch or project management degree or equivalent
- Must have as a minimum a baseline security clearance
- Direct Project Management history of +$1M projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others
- Experience in project management including budget ownership/management, resource allocation, scheduling, forecasting and planning
- Capacity to deliver against multiple objectives and demonstrate strong customer relationship skills with total dedication to customer satisfaction
What's on Offer
- Excellent remuneration package/benefits and career progression opportunities
- The opportunity to work within an award winning team on nationally based defence projects
- Fantastic work life balance and on-going training
- Please contact Liam Wilson on 0416 874 977 or