Senior Security Engineer / Security Architect
Permanent or Contract Opportunity
Contact Jean Carlo Ramirez - Michael Page Defence
About Our Client
The company is the world's leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change providing key advise to National Security Agencies in Australia.
- Revise and analyse IT operations and systems, hardware configurations, physical Security, and operating procedures across organization.
- Search technology and reduce risks in every information security segment.
- Suggest measures to improve IT related procedures, operations, processes, and systems throughout organization.
- Influence strategies, technology implementation, frameworks, and policies to enhance the customer's security posture.
- Implement security risk analysis for current and new systems to guide the IT infrastructure team toward reparation.
- Recommend migration solutions for explaining risks and reducing exposure areas.
- Prepare security program plans and execute IT controls, processes, audit tools, interfaces and utilities for Risk Management and ISM compliance.
- Support and provide consultancy for audit compliance actions, commonwealth representatives and provide senior technical advice to junior analysts and executive members.
- Determine compliance through Threat Detection, Incident reporting and Executive level engagement.
- Perform independently but collaboratively with the IT Infrastructure team, to implement security enhancements.
- Review client networks and security posture.
The Successful Applicant
- CentOS, RedHat and SuseLinux
- Windows 7/10 and Server 2012/2016
- NTP, Syslog, SSH and are confident with:
vulnerability assessments and
network interrogation procedures
- Amazon Web Services, Workspaces, EC2 and associated appliances
- Identity and Access Management, Certificate Operations, Single Sign on for SSH and Web Applications
- Cisco Nexus switches in standalone and in ACI mode
- Cisco WAN and LAN Operations
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances (ASA) and NextGen Firewalls (NGFW)
- Splunk: Search, Security and Windows Infrastructure, for collection, investigation and reporting
- Security Automation through Splunk Phantom
- A strong ITSM knowledge and working knowledge of the Atlassian product suite
- Good change management behaviour, Subversion experience
- Sound documentation skills focusing on ISM compliance, operating procedures and Incident Response
You'll easily adapt to the position if you have:
- Proven experience building strong relationships with key business leaders and stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience as a Security Consultant or Security Architect
- Extensive background successfully delivery complex and large projects within the security domain
- Broad knowledge and experience across the security landscape
- Subject Matter expertise across areas such as Network Security, Firewalls, IPS, IDS, Proxies, Reverse Proxies, Identity and Access
What's on Offer
On offer for your hard work you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level in an energetic and fast-paced team. Also on offer are the following:
- Great training and development
- Generous hourly rate
- Great location
How to contact us
If you currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you please contact us via email or phone. If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skillset however would like to have a confidential discussion on your career please get in touch.