Senior Site Accountant
Great company culture
Work closely with senior stakeholders
About Our Client
Our client is a global food manufacturer with a growing presence in Australia. They have recently invested in state of the art infrastructure to expand 4 of their east coast operations.
Working closely with production manager's the primary focus of your role will be to;
- Provide analytical support to site leadership team for strategic decisions; perform feasibility analysis of all major proposed projects or financial spend
- Serve as a business partner to the site operations, providing support on all matters relating to the plant performance and financial processes
- Manage budgeting and forecasting within deadlines. Champion the culture of budget ownership, cost control, forecast accuracy & business improvement
- Drive the Standard Cost Process for pricing, working with the business to guarantee accurate and meaningful insights into cost/pricing per sku's
- Analyse standard to actual cost variances. Identify challenges and opportunities and recommend corrective actions as indicated by performance to meet cost performance targets.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of business operations, including throughput, capacities, plant costs, etc.
- Monitor inventory control at sites.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of weekly financial results/reports, monthly and quarterly results/reports in line with group accounting policy and applicable accounting standards.
- Be proactive in responding to variances between weekly and monthly results and between weekly forecast and weekly actual results.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements, Provide feedback on and review processes & controls prior to site roll out.
- Collaborate with othe site finance managers - align reporting, cross functional improvement opporunities
- Active participation in weekly S&OP process
- Drive the daily/weekly plant reporting process - workorder review, labour variances
The Successful Applicant
You will be a commercially minded individually who has a track record of proactively seeking out ways of working smart. With a good amount of manufacturing experience you will be comfortable with costing, inventory control and variance analysis in a operational setting. Communication skills will be considered strong along with your ability to develop good working relationships with all stakeholder types.
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion to the role will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package. You will enjoy functioning within a team which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.