Senior Software Developer (Java or C#)
One of Australia's most celebrated online brands, going through huge growth!
New era, progressive and digital focused company using the very latest tech!
About Our Client
This is a newly created role and will sit with their product & technology team, crucial to the day-to-day running and development of the business. Senior Software Developer will lead the building and maintenance of systems within the client's network. We are interested in meeting with applicants who are motivated and passionate about delivering exceptional services and ensuring that customers' needs are met through our innovative and world class products.
What you'll be doing in the role…
- Design, develop and maintain world class systems and services utilised within the clients network, with focus on efficiency, scalability, stability and customer satisfaction
- Code using the agreed technology stack
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Maintain and improve overall quality of the code base
- Integrate with internal and external systems
- Coordinate deployment and release planning activities
- Work closely with other teams to develop and document solutions to problems.
The Successful Applicant
What skills do you have now…
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of servant leadership principles and the value of leading from behind and empowering the team.
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean etc.)
- You are fluent in more than one programming language (preferably Java or C#)
- You have experience with Unix systems and Microsoft Windows
- You have extensive experience with relational databases and/or key-value stores
- You are comfortable with processing and analysing large data sets e.g. Hadoop and MapReduce
What's on Offer