Senior Statutory Accountant - Global Business
Inner City Location
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader within their industry with a long history of creating long lasting and diverse careers. The large finance team is high performing and close knit. The culture is one that ensures work life balance is a priority. Internal secondments both internationally and within Australia are on offer along with many other staff benefits.
Working closely with Senior Leadership and the broader team your role will focus on;
- Preparation of statutory accounts and act as the contact point of audit contact
- Accountable for accurate and timely preparation of the Australian statutory accounts for the group both Australia and NZ liaising with Auditors, Head of Tax, CFO and head of countries as well as all businesses to give assurance over the submission.
- Developing a deep understanding of the groups corporate structure and current operating environment, especially as it impacts technical accounting and compliance issues
- Engaging with senior stakeholders in Tax team to provide support on ATO information requests
- Engaging with key stakeholders within the group as necessary on the IFRS16 project
- Providing support for the change in Group Auditors, specifically in relation to understanding of corporate transactions and leasing transition.
- Advise on the local accounting and regulatory impact of Group changes
- Advise on local accounting queries in relation to preparation of annual statutory accounts for the Group and its subsidiaries
- Advise on local accounting queries in relation to internal and external audit activities and queries received
- Document and manage accounting policy and procedure manual
- Liaise with relevant external stakeholders to support compliance activities
The Successful Applicant
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Manager from a top Accounting firm. Exposure to large complex clients will be beneficial. This appointment requires someone with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion to the role will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package. You will enjoy functioning within a team which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities