Senior Systems Engineer
Large Austrailian Organsation
Exposure to New Technologies
About Our Client
Leading provider of education and training in Australia, providing learning solutions to over 45,000 professionals annually - this includes all of the major banks and leading financial services organisations in the country.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Timely response and resolution of service issues and ensure service level agreements are met Support and manage back office infrastructure to ensure availability of critical systems.
- Assist internal ICT support teams in the resolution of Incidents and completion of Service Requests.
- Where required; install, support and maintain ICT Infrastructure for staff & students.
- Perform account administration of staff & students and regular system maintenance, health checks and upgrades.
- Administration and maintenance of onsite ICT assets
- Escalate high impacting service issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Identify trends and advise ICT management team of recurring service issues.
- Engage with internal clients to resolve ICT support issues professionally and competently.
- Collaborate with chosen vendors and service providers to deliver expected service levels
- Identify potential problems and communicate with the Infrastructure Manager and assist in developing most appropriate remediation, solution and escalation path.
- Support continuous improvement efforts by providing input and advice to ICT management team.
- Assist in the implementation of ICT migrations and integration assets as required
- Occasional out of hours support and project work will be required
The Successful Applicant
- Formal qualifications in a computing discipline preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Current knowledge of IT standards and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated experience is supporting and administering core infrastructure services such as MS Windows AD 2012/2016, file & print (Distributed File Services), SQL Servers, Microsoft RDS, Citrix, VMware, LAN switching, System Centre Suite of solutions, Office 365.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and Maintenance.
- Experience with Meraki network infrastructure (Layer 2 Switching).
- Experience with DPM Backup tool or similar Cloud based tools
- Experience in ITIL Service, Change and Incident Management processes. ITIL foundation qualifications preferred.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem resolution skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Preferably experience in maintaining Cisco Meraki environments.
- Exposure to encryption at rest technologies Bitlocker
- Experience with PowerShell Desired State Configuration
- Exposure to monitoring platforms, New Relic, Data dog, or similar.
- Exposure to Microsoft MIM 2016 and ADFS 2016.
- Exposure to AWS infrastructure services, including CloudFormation, VPC, RDS, IAM, Route53, Cloud watch.
- Exposure to Puppet or similar.
- PaperCut Print Management System.
- Experience with Ubuntu Linux /Red Hat Linux operating systems
What's on Offer
The position on offer is a permanent position based in the CBD.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a large organisation and be exposed to new technology.
Please apply via the link.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high number of applications.