- Immediate start - potential to be made permanent
- Leading Australian Organisation
About Our Client
Our client is a leading provider of transport and logistic solutions in Australia.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for the overall IT Operations and ensure stable operation of IT Infrastructure. This involves developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimising key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications and telecommunication systems.
As the Systems Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Help to manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LAN's, WANs, Internet, Intranet, Security, telecommunications and wireless communications.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports and develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Maintain a server/computer security patch procedure to assure all the organisations servers/computers have the latest security patches deployed.
- Manage small-medium internal IT projects to uplift, automate or improve the way they work.
- Ensure changes to systems and assets are appropriately communicated and managed.
- Ensure systems comply with security standards.
- Own problems end to end. Deliver tested and reliable solutions which enhance people's capability to deliver and work productively.
- Champion good cyber security practices.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Microsoft training/certification (MCSE/MCSA/MCITP).
- Experience with project management methodologies.
- A good understanding and experience with mass storage devices, virtual environments, and server consolidation, anti-virus and backup methodologies, data recovery concepts and implementation, including VMware and Hyper-V virtualisation, CommVault & Backup Exec backup solutions, Net App SANs, replication.
- A good understanding and experience with Microsoft enterprise products and services such as Exchange, SQL, ISA, Terminal Services, WSUS, Systems Centre Operations Manager, DNS, DHCP, group policy, Active Directory, Domain Controllers, clustering.
What's on Offer
On offer is a 3 month contract with a leading organisation based in the west. You will be rewarded with an attractive hourly rate whilst working with the latest and greatest technology.