Senior Tax Analyst
High performing Australian owned business
Opportunity to join an industry leader
About Our Client
Our client is Australia's largest provider of leasing and management solutions to corporate, government and small business sectors. Their expertise and next-generation analytics ensure their service is delivered at a premium level and efficiency.
The Senior Tax Analyst will assist with the tax obligations for legal entities. This includes the preparation of Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) returns. In addition, this role will require advisory work in improving and creating value to internal stakeholders and external customers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring Australian and New Zealand GST and FBT returns are completed accurately.
- Undertake research and produce written advice/position papers on tax law matters as and when required.
- Assist the Tax Director in the continuous improvement and implementation of effective processes to ensure compliance with tax legislations, policies and procedures.
- Collaborating with the Finance Team and the wider business to achieve commercial objectives. This includes providing in-house training and education.
- Liaise with relevant tax authorities and managing relationships with external tax advisers.
- Assistance with other ad hoc projects as and when required
The Successful Applicant
- Completed professional certification in accounting, CA or CPA.
- 5 + years Large Corporate / Chartered experience.
- Extensive experience analysing technical tax legislation.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Strong communication skills to manage internal stakeholders and possibly, external clients. This includes communicating tax concepts in an easy to understand/practical manner.
- Aptitude and desire to master business systems and processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with a focus on results.
- Attention to detail.
What's on Offer
- $90,000 - $100,000 + Superannuation+ performance bonus
- Opportunity to join an industry leading organisation