Senior Test Analyst - BI
Competitive day rate
6 month initial contract with extensions
About Our Client
This reputable financial services organisation is enjoying continued success and growth. As they integrate their multiple customer services with modern technologies, they are looking to grow their BI team with a capable Senior Test Analyst with experience in BI testing.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Contribution to the design, development and implementation of Test Plans and Test Cases, using in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications.
- Produce test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software and services.
- Contribute to test approach and test strategy development.
- Execute test procedures and scripts effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate the execution of manual and automated tests in accordance with delivery plans.
- Raise and retest defects, monitoring and reporting progress of defect resolution to the Team Lead.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience in BI/data testing (ETL testing) with strong SQL knowledge.
- Ability to write SQL scripts based on ETL mappings and compare results.
- Knowledge of HP Quality Centre (QC) application, writing test cases and tracking defects in QC.
- JIRA and Confluence.
- Planning, scheduling and execution of test plans and test cases (automated and/or manual) for both functional and non-functional testing.
- Proven ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with all team members and a variety of business stakeholders.
- Significant experience using manual and automated testing tools, and understanding how they contribute to effective test outcomes.
- Demonstrable leadership experience in coaching and motivating a team to reach a common goal.
- Experience raising, tracking and retesting defects.
- Experience in test estimation.
- Experience identifying and raising risks, contributing to the development of mitigation strategies.
What's on Offer
- Competitive daily rate.
- 6 month initial contract with high likelihood of extension for the right person.
- Excellent, people oriented culture.
- Top tier technical environment.
- In the longer term, there are excellent opportunities to learn and get into more test automation or performance testing in future, if desired.