Senior Underground Planning Engineer
Residential role based in Kalgoorlie on a 5:2/4:3 Roster (9.5 hours pd)
About Our Client
Our client is a WA owned mining business. They are currently seeking an experienced Senior UG Planning & Projects Engineer to join their team on a 5:2/4:3 basis. This is a permanent residential role based in Kalgoorlie.
Reporting to the UG Mine Manager this residential role will manage the delivery of quality underground planning, and oversee the development and implementation of all operational and capital project activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading by example, understand and incorporate the safety systems, safety culture action plan and safety processes to protect the human and equipment resources in the design, planning and scheduling of the UG mining operations.
- Contribute to the recruitment process of culturally fit and competent employees to build a diverse and highly capable UG technical production team that demonstrates inclusive, safe and productive behaviour to achieve the UG Operational Plan.
- Generate strategic plans, LOM plans and operating/capital/manpower budgets to ensure continual development of Mt Charlotte and an increase in production efficiency to a level of detail which supports the UG mining operations ability to execute mining activities to expectations.
The Successful Applicant
Essential criteria include:
- A tertiary qualification (minimum degree level) in Mine Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum 7 years hard rock underground mining experience including experience with multi-mining method deposits
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar role with exposure to budget LOM plan generation
- Ability to use integrated management systems, spreadsheet applications, mine planning and production soft wear including Vulcan and Deswik
- Ability to develop and review strategic mining plans
- Ability to think strategically and commercially, approach solutions creatively and consider site wide impacts and opportunities
- Must reside within the Goldfields region, or willing to relocate for the residential opportunity
Ideally someone who has their Firs Class Mine Certificate of Competency or ability to acquire.
What's on Offer
- Permanent Senior UG role
- Attractive salary
- Kalgoorlie based
- 5:2/4:3 Roster on a 9.5 hour work day