Start Mid April 2020
6 mth + 6 mth possible ext.
About Our Client
The agency's purpose is to lead digital transformation to make Australian government services simple, quick and personalised. The agency has wide-ranging accountabilities including whole-of-government digital strategy, policy and advice, delivery of whole-of-government platforms and technologies as well as digital skills development and sourcing.
As the Service Designer, you will be required to bring the following skills and attributes to the team:
Lead product team in the development of service design plans to ensure user-centred product and project success
Shape and build the solution with responsibility of the product's day-to-day development and ensuring that it meets user needs and is fit-for-purpose
Reduce risk by regularly releasing and improving parts of the service and test and iterate frequently to meet user needs
Contribute to the development and continual enhancement of products, partnering with colleagues to facilitate an effective and consistent user experience
Monitor team delivery including execution with product team of project delivery plan
Ensure high quality, actionable insights and opportunities are delivered and communicated appropriately to all relevant stakeholders. This includes drawing on regular user feedback and knowledge and learnings from relevant programs of work
Lead and coordinate uplift in service design capability and understanding to deliver services that better meet user needs and service expectations
Build continual improvements in service design practices across the product team and the agency.
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive experience as a successful service designer and working effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience mapping complex service environments in a current and future state, based on insights from user feedback.
- Demonstrated proven ability and examples of high-level service design advisory to product manager, to inform and achieve product roadmap and goals and meet user needs.
- Demonstrated ability to deeply understand the user experience and translate data into actionable findings, used to improve a product service.
- Extensive knowledge and working experience of Agile tools, including JIRA.
- Experience working with a range of federal government stakeholders, including experience in whole of government transformation programs.
What's on Offer
- Competitive hourly rate
- Long Term Contract Opportunity
- Immediate Start
- Work across Large Government Projects