Service Desk Manager
Lead a team of 6 within a growing organisation
Learning and development opportunities
About Our Client
Our client is a member-owned superannuation and insurance business with an Australian presence of over 3,000 employees.
- Effectively managing, developing, and training the service desk team.
- Ensuring that all processes used by the service desk are thoroughly documented, consistently audited, and regularly improved.
- Conducting and sharing results from service and operation performance reviews.
- Promoting the service desk with senior management and working to ensure that it is properly viewed as a core business asset.
- Coordinating and managing all relevant stakeholders, including the support desk team, customers, and other teams that are involved in service desk operations.
- Being aware of and managing the costs of running the service desks.
The Successful Applicant
- The ability to build a cohesive team and to manage people effectively. This includes the ability to coach and develop the team.
- A thorough understanding of the strategic vision for the service desk and the ability to set the long-term direction of the team.
- An ability to balance and plan the short-term actions of the team.
- Knowledge and understanding of all relevant industry standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices for service management.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to be influential and persuasive with stakeholders.
- An ability to think critically about systems and to make adjustments consistently as needed.
- The ability to manage time effectively while setting the tone of the team through modeling and leadership.
What's on Offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive remuneration
- Opportunity to contribute to our client's national strategic IT plan