Service Desk Officer
A 3 month contract starting immediately
Working with a large National Organization
About Our Client
My client is a well known National Organization with various offices around Sydney. You will be based in West Sydney.
My client will be requiring the below day to day roles to be carried out;
- Carry out all duties in accordance with all relevant legislative, industrial and Council policy requirements and standards and procedures.
- Provide a multi-level Help Desk service by resolving issues raised by staff in the use of the main corporate IT applications and office products and solving operational problems with PCs, printers and peripheral systems.
- Administer, maintain and resolve all issues in relation to the complicated telecommunications network, including VOIP, mobiles and landlines.
- Assist the IT Department members with the support and administration of existing local and wide area networks.
- Provide advice, assistance and operational support to all staff in the use of computer hardware and software.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of computer, system or program failure including organizing the repair of equipment with external suppliers.
- Assist in the purchase and installation of a range of IT equipment and software.
- Maintain, Monitor and Troubleshoot Web Servers ensuring minimum disruption to services.
- Assist the IT Department members with the support of network servers and Active Directory administration.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate most posses the following;
- Excellent customer service skills. (Essential)
- Knowledge of VOIP and Voicemail system. (Essential)
- Knowledge of local and wide area networking technologies. (Essential)
- Understanding of information technology concepts. (Essential)
- Knowledge of desktop Operating Systems, particularly Windows XP. (Essential)
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential in this position as it involves assisting people at all levels of authority and IT skill levels in the organization. (Essential)
- Strong problem solving and research skills are essential
- Effective time management skills.
What's on Offer
An immediate start working on a 3 month contract. There will be weekends where you will be on call - not purely a Monday to Friday role.