- Opportunity to work in a team environment
- CBD Location
About Our Client
My client is one of Australia's leading organization's in the public sector. They are looking for a candidate who will provide IT service desk support services to their staff across Australia to enable staff to undertake their work efficiently using IT systems and applications in accordance with the organization's requirements.
- Act as the main point of contact for staff for IT incidents and service requests
- Provide telephone, email, remote and desk-side support for all technical and non-technical problems and incidents reported to IT
- Provide advice and guidance to staff to ensure they can take better advantage of the IT tools and services, giving them greater independence and transferable skills
- Develop communication & feedback with customers to ensure continuous improvement with corporate objectives and improvement of Service Desk services.
- Retain ownership of calls and monitor Helpdesk and escalate/expedite where necessary
- Discuss solutions to hardware and software issues with the IT department to recognise the extent of the desktop application being used and keep in line with best practices.
- Resolve or escalate Service Desk incidents and problems in line with the defined SLA.
- Monitor all Service Desk queues to ensure incidents and problems are resolved within SLA's.
- Identify all areas of improvement and modify Service Desk policies and procedures to support the continuous improvement of the client.
- Assist in the development and modification of systems and procedures to help locate, repair, and mitigate system faults and minimise disruptions.
The Successful Applicant
- Australian Citizenship or a Permanent Residency is a minimum requirement
- 3-5 years experience working in a Service Desk support role
- Customer-focused with excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Good understanding of network hardware and software
- Broad technical knowledge of systems, software, network and peripherals
- Strong understanding of Microsoft 10 operating systems, Office 365, Teams & AD administration.
- Experience with AV technology and ITIL knowledge is highly desirable but not essential
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent time management and scheduling skills
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to become part of a warm and driven team. You will be working with and encourage the use of new technologies across the organisation, troubleshooting across levels 1 and 2.