- Immediate start on offer - Permanent Opportunity
- Working in a prestigious law firm in the heart of the CBD
About Our Client
My client is an internationally recognised law firm with their head office in the CBD. Their IT function is dedicated to providing a customer service focused IT support function across all of their offices.
- Monitor daily workflow and workload of support team.
- Manage people or team related issues in consultation with Manager/Senior Manager.
- Provide ongoing performance feedback (and appraisals where required) for the support team.
- Analyse performance of support activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Manage the processing of incidents assigned to the On-site Support Team to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution.
- Manage escalated support issues and act of Quality Management System feedback to ensure high quality support standards are maintained.
- Ensure the business is informed about current technology issues.
- Collaborate with other IT functions to ensure efficient operation of the deskside computing environment.
- Enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the deskside support level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding deskside support problems.
- Moving and set up of desktop computers and peripherals.
- Answer to and perform moves, adds and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by line managers.
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
The Successful Applicant
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency as a minimum
- Exceptional customer service skills and a commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of a technical deskside support team.
- Excellent technical knowledge of desktop hardware.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
What's on Offer
- An immediate start is on offer for those who are available
- A highly competitive annual salary
- Leading a friendly and collaborative team environment
- Easy to reach location, close to public transport
- The chance to work in an instantly recognised global organisation