About Our Client
My Client is a large FMCG manufacturer with a vacancy for a experienced Shift Manager.
- Lead and conduct team meetings by preparing agendas and communicating plant performance and operational improvements
- Actively highlights machine / equipment failures to maintenance to ensure optimum performance, and maximise production uptime.
- Initiate and lead improvement activities within the team aligned to key operational objectives e.g. Safety, Quality and Production
- Motivate, lead and develop shift employees in the correct operation of plant and systems to ensure efficient performance
- Ensure there is a consistent line of communication between management and production teams
- Maintain industrial relations within all sections and promote good safety practices.
- Play a key role in supporting the One Team, One Vision global culture change program and ensure initiatives are implemented
- As a key member of the management team you will provide leadership, commitment and direction that reflects and reinforces the operations vision and dedication to safety, people, quality, product reconciliation, delivery/productivity, cost and continuous improvement
- Supervision of direct reports to ensure compliance to company policies, procedures and work instructions
- Ensure adherence to production schedules and escalate issues in a timely manner
- Ensure adherence to spoilage targets and escalate issues in a timely manner
- Ensure adherence to downtime targets and escalate issues in a timely manner
- Lead a production team to ensure optimum efficiency of all equipment and processes in the day to day running of the plant.
- Maintain, generate and publish performance indicators, including production reports, quality reports, safety and injury reports
- Engage in and promote continuous improvement activities
- Maintain the Production action register
- Ensure staff behaviours are in line with company policy and procedures. Instigate investigations and performance manage staff where required
- Monitor and actively manage Production expenses (overtime, casual labour usage, consumables)
The Successful Applicant
Science or Engineering Graduate or Trade qualifications; or substantial supervisory production experience.
Experience in leading teams
Proven track record in continuous improvement
Previous experience in similar role
What's on Offer
An attractive salary and secure 6 month contract is on offer for the successful applicant.