Excellent leadership opportunity
Strong pipeline of work
About Our Client
Established since 1960, Vinidex is at the forefront of innovation and product development in the piping industry and is a significant contributor operating across Plumbing, Mining, Coal Seam Gas, Energy, Infrastructure, Agribusiness and Hardware markets. We are Australia's foremost environmentally conscious manufacturer and supplier of quality PVC pipe, PE pipe and PP pipe systems and solutions for the transportation of fluid, data and energy. Vinidex has state based manufacturing sites across Australia with a nationwide distribution network, resulting in a diverse range of career opportunities.
Vinidex is a member of the Aliaxis Family of Companies, a global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of fluid handling solutions. The Group is active through more than 100 manufacturing and commercial companies, operating in over 45 countries with 16 200 employees. Aliaxis is privately owned and has global headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
You will work with and lead an established team of extruder operators and will be responsible for all facets of shift extrusion operations. This position is based at our Sunshine manufacturing site and reports to the Production Coordinator. Key responsibilities include:
- Supervise, motivate and assign responsibilities to operators to ensure production schedule targets are met.
- Ensure that all products are running within specification and designated out-put rates
- Review of daily programs and communicate to shift extruders to meet production plan
- Assist with the start-up of extrusion lines and any work orders for size changes
- Ensure the shift log entries accurately reflect the shift's daily activities in detail
- Responsible for managing site OH&S policies & procedures including injury management and reporting
- Communicating with all stakeholders fostering a proactive working culture and high employee morale
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role, you must satisfy the following:
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar shift supervisor role
- A strong Technical background with either a tertiary or trade qualification
- Current forklift licence is preferred
- Demonstrated experience using computer systems, specifically MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Proven ability to problem solve and delegate when required
What's on Offer
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a faced paced, dynamic environment with a highly successful and well known industry leader. An attractive salary package is also on offer to the successful candidate.