Site Manager - Geelong
Newly Created Role
About Our Client
A highly entrepreneurial organisation that takes pride in their best in class logistics and supply chain operations, specialising in the import and distribution of high-quality products to customers across a number of industries and on a global scale.
This position is considered a hands-on role and requires someone that are not only able to manage teams effectively but are also happy to perform hands on duties when required. The key tasks and responsibilities are:
- Supervise a medium sized warehouse team (5-7) and assist the day to day running of the warehouse operations, with specific focus on receipting, picking, and the timely dispatching of goods
- Set adequate targets for warehousing and logistics teams in alignment with set KPIs and business objectives
- Drive cost saving initiatives to improve performance and cost of the warehouse and logistics functions
- Establish and maintain sound working relationships with service providers
- Liaise with workshop on scheduled servicing/maintenance and repairs of onsite machinery
- This person would at times be required to operate a front-end loader on site
- Manage all OH&S obligations and requirements across the site, whilst promoting a strong safety culture
- Oversee shipping & transportation processes
- Create and manage purchase orders and product in SAP
- Coordinate and manage all relevant procurement documents
- Forecast required stock items, quantities and receiving timing's based on historical movements and projected sales
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Applicant will possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong background within site operations or a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional communication skills, with a proven ability engage with others both from an internal and external perspective.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes and lean principals
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, people with an engineering or mechanical background will be highly regarded
- Experience operating machinery (FEL/ forklift)
- Knowledge of OHS requirements and obligations
- Capacity to improve efficiencies and make day to day processes better
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, with exposure to WMS or relevant warehousing systems
What's on Offer
This role offers a competitive salary package, and genuine scope to progress your career within a growing business and highly ambitious peer group.