Software Quality Engineer x2
Latest technologies in test automation
Competitive daily rate
About Our Client
Our client is one of Queensland's most highly regarded finance services institutions. They are dedicated to working together in delivering exceptional quality solutions to their customers.
Key Responsibilities for this role include:
Development and maintenance of test automation frameworks through the various layers of the testing pyramid.
Implementation of automated tests both as part of feature development, along with regression of existing features.
Assisting with the resolution of defects through investigations into problems and implementing corrective actions relating to recurring problems.
Active participation in code reviews of test automation frameworks with other Software Quality Engineers and Developers.
Contribute to CI/CD pipeline design, build and maintenance to support Quality Engineering practices.
Contribute to the selection of the tools and approaches for the delivery of test automation.
The Successful Applicant
Key skills and experience required includes:
- 5+ years of relevant software development using modern programming languages (C# or Java) in multiple environments with a minimum of 2.5 years' experience in Quality Engineering.
- Proven experience in the development of test automation frameworks and quality engineering practices.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies, ideally Microsoft Azure but this is negotiable.
- Detailed knowledge of Behaviour Driven Development Practices and tools (e.g. SpecFlow, JBehave).
- Strong experience with industry standard test automation frameworks (e.g. Selenium, UFT).
- Experience with tools such as Jira, Confluence, SOAP UI, SQL, Git, Team City, Octopus Deploy, Bamboo and Puppet (or equivalents).
- Experience coaching teams to ensure systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability.
What's on Offer
- 6 month contract with possible extensions
- Large enterprise business with a friendly, supportive team culture.
- Competitive daily rate in line with experience
- Immediate start available (negotiable with notice periods etc)
- Flexible working hours