STANDALONE LEGAL COUNSEL (ANZ)
Newly created 'greenfields' Legal Counsel role with lots of variety and scope
Opportunity to work on exciting and challenging projects
About Our Client
NEWLY CREATED *STANDALONE LEGAL COUNSEL* ROLE WITHIN THE MEDICAL/HEALTHCARE SECTOR, SUITABLE FOR AN ESTABLISHED 4 - 8 YEAR LAWYER LOOKING TO MAKE THE MOVE IN-HOUSE.
Our client is a provider of medical and wellbeing services in consumer-friendly, destination Health Hubs. They bring the highest professional expertise and a wide range of related retail offerings that enhance the health of surrounding communities.
Due to extensive growth plans, they are seeking a new in-house counsel to assist with the day to day legal advice required across the business and on a range of commercial and property-related transactions.
This is a standalone role reporting directly to the Board. You will be part of the Senior Executive and Leadership team, responsible for providing advice across all medical centre and property operations.
Duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Advising on leasing matters for the Group as both Landlord and Tenant.
- Advising on property acquisitions and disposals.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various contracts (including property, employment and supplier contracts).
- Advising on and managing Landlord / Tenant Disputes.
- Advising on employment law issues and advising on employee contract issues.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements for a wide variety of internal business teams.
- Advising on marketing-related matters.
- Providing general commercial legal advice.
- Supporting our external legal firm on the management of corporate transactions.
- Collaborating with business teams to achieve corporate objectives and mitigate unnecessary business risk.
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of 4 years' PQE as either a Commercial or Property Lawyer from a reputable firm or in-house practice.
- Experience in or exposure to property law, as well as broad corporate and commercial law, and general commercial transactions
- Exposure to Employment law and familiarity with employment contracts and ancillary agreements (desirable)
- Approachable person, willing to share knowledge, and mentor all levels of the business.
- First-rate problem-solving skills, the ability to manage and meet a multitude of deadlines with strong time management and organisational skills.
- Strong analytical capability and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to write succinct reports with a clear narrative.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
What's on Offer
This is a great role for an established mid-level lawyer to either make their move in-house or secure a more autonomous in-house position. Offering diversity and a full range of work to truly expand your knowledge and skillset within a collaborative and close-knit working environment.
PLEASE CALL MARIA CURTIS ON 02 8292 2238 OR SEND YOUR CV TO [email protected] MICHAELPAGE. COM. AU