Standalone Legal Counsel for APAC - Global Corporation!
Unlimited opportunity for growth and development
Fully diverse role with great rewards and benefits
About Our Client
Our client is a world-leader in the natural resources sector, headquartered in the US.
They are responsible for designing and engineering new water technologies and solutions to help entire cities and towns provide their residents with the safest drinking water possible and are growing rapidly across Australia, NZ and Asia!
This is a newly-created, standalone Legal Counsel position to be based in Sydney.
You will be primarily responsible for providing legal advice and support for various business segments across Australia, New Zealand and Singapore, as well as a key liaison for China.
- Act as a legal advisor and business partner to the management team located in Asia Pacific, as well as a legal advisor to the US-based Executive Leadership Team.
- Responsible for the review, analysis, negotiation and securing approval of contracts related to the sale of water and waste-water treatment equipment, systems and services, including supply agreements, construction contracts, bid and proposals, pilot agreements and licensing agreements.
- Provide legal support on a variety of commercial legal issues, including employment, real estate, banking, procurement, intellectual property and compliance arising in the relevant regions.
- Support internal and external legal counsel in investigating, managing and resolving conflicts and claims with owners, design professionals, general contractors and subcontractors.
- Develop and provide legal and compliance training to organisation, and work with senior managers to ensure adherence to corporate policies.
- Provide support with corporate transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures and strategic partnering.
- Assist in coordination of outside counsel globally.
The Successful Applicant
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- A solicitor admitted to practice in NSW with a minimum of 6 years' PQE across a wide range of corporate and commercial law (prior in-house experience preferred)
- Ability to work closely with legal the team and management across several regions, and to contribute to the success of the business by providing practical legal and business advice.
- Demonstrated commercial contract drafting and negotiation experience.
- Strong communications skills; able to clearly and concisely express technical information to non-technical colleagues.
- Excellent writing, presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- The ability to socialise ideas, provide recommendations and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
- Ability and willingness for potential travel.
What's on Offer
A really exciting, brand new role advising on an extensive range of legal, risk and compliance issues with unlimited opportunity for growth and progression!