Strategic Sourcing Category Manager
Excellent opportunity to join a leading mining company
Focus on driving strategic procurement initiatives
About Our Client
Based in the Lake Macquarie area (Newcastle), our client is a leading mining company that are currently expanding their procurement team; they are on a trajectory for continuous success, with procurement being fundamental driver to achieve this.
Your responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- In accordance with Procurement policy and procedures you will successfully manage and negotiate tenders and contracts for large scale goods, services, infrastructure projects and equipment.
- You will be able to provide an acute understanding of contract types and interpret associated terms & conditions.
- You can demonstrate how to implement strategic sourcing analysis, using a category management approach.
- Diligently provide support to the Group Manager Contracts and Procurement
- Proactively monitor, audit and review Procurement contracts across the company to ensure compliance and sustainability.
- Provide tendering, contract and Procurement support and guidance to mine sites and procurement group, as required.
- Working collaborative to drive best commercial value with suppliers during tender and contract phases.
- Periodically conduct performance management review meetings on Procurement contracts with suppliers.
- Assist in design of procurement standards, new systems and technology to improve service provision and contract processes including KPI and statistical data reporting.
- Assist with the development of scope specifications for Procurement contracts
The Successful Applicant
Due to the rapid expansion of this team, there are multiple roles required. Our client is therefore, open to profiles that have a mining or heavy industry background combined with either strategic sourcing, category management or contracts management experience, or a combination of these profiles.
You will be able to demonstrate on your CV:
- Education - Diploma/Degree; if you have a specialism in procurement, supply chain, you will be at an advantage. Although education is highly regarded we will also consider candidates who are qualified by extensive experience in the procurement and category management
- Strong tender and contract management experience and competency with the ability to work with in-house legal counsel
- Previous exposure of implementing a strategic procurement sourcing strategy
- A track record of dealing with multiple stakeholders where you have established and maintained positive relationships both internally and with suppliers
- You excel in written and verbal communication
- Limited domestic travel to mine sites will be required
What's on Offer
With an attractive remuneration, our client prides themselves on their inclusive culture and offers generous benefits and a flexible work/life balance.