Leading national engineering consultancy firm
High profile and diversity of structural projects
About Our Client
My Client has long been regarded as one of Australia's leading engineering consultancy firms. With a track record of delivering some of the ACT's most iconic projects, their work is secured through innovative design solutions, technical excellence and exceptional project delivery. In an industry so often dictated by price my client continues to kick the trend by focusing on tailor made solutions to provide the best outcome for their clients. Their large portfolio of loyal and repeat clients has been built on the understanding that paying more for quality documentation ultimately has significant cost benefits to the project as a whole. With strong connections within the government and defence space this approach means their pipeline of work has been able to move forward unabated by the recent disruptions from COVID - 19
- Manage the structural engineering design, CAD drafting and documentation processes to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner and within budget.
- Co-ordinate and check the design and documentation of projects prior to tender to ensure the quality of the work is of a high standard and consistent with the philosophy, standards and details of our company.
- Liaise with clients, staff, authority's personnel, building surveyors and others to obtain information and provide advice as necessary to ensure the successful outcome of projects.
- Represent the Group at meetings with clients, project managers, architects and the like to advise on structural engineering issues.
- Contribute to the enhancement of your reputation and the group through publication, presentation of technical papers, lecturing and involvement in the broader community.
- Attend internal project meetings and meeting with the directors to review the operations and implement strategies.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Quality Management System & CAD library.
The Successful Applicant
- University Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Minimum 4 years Australian experience, working in consultancy firms in a design capacity
- Experience in designing and managing the project structural design through all phases particularly in building projects such as commercial, residential, retail, health, education
- The ability to confidently run or take part in design meetings with clients and architects
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders, managing client expectations and managing your input and interaction within the team accordingly
- Deep technical knowledge of Australian standards and businesses.
- Highly developed communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
What's on Offer
- A highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- The opportunity to work across a diverse portfolio of structural engineering projects
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment
- An opportunity to further progress your career through exceptional training and promotional opportunities