Superintendent Mechanical Engineer
Great career progression
Work for a globally renowned mining company
About Our Client
Our client is a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in various countries. They are focused on making a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. They aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where their workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where they operate.
As a Superintendent Mechanical Engineer you will be required but not limited to:
- Develop, supervise, monitor and review the mining engineering standards and procedures forming part of mining operations at the mine to ensure compliance to relevant statutory legislation.
- Be accountable for implementation, control and review of safe coal mining operations consistent with current WHS management systems and relevant legislation and the execution of the duties of the Mining Engineering Manager in accordance with the Health and Safety legislation.
- Work as an effective member of the senior mine management team to ensure that accountable activities are in the overall best interests of the mine.
- Demonstrate visible safety leadership in the workplace through leading by example, fostering Health and Safety awareness among staff, managing risk, and promoting continuous improvements in safety.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you must have:
- An Advanced Diploma of Underground Coal Mining Management.
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in an Underground Coal Mine.
- Practising Certificate to be a Mining Engineering Manager (or studying towards).
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations.
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results
What's on Offer
- Permanent opportunity with a rewarding career path
- Attractive salary
- Collaborative work environment