Supply Chain and Logistics Coordinator
Join a global business
Northern suburbs of Melbourne location
About Our Client
My client manufactures mobile refrigeration systems, service doors, and kitchen appliances supplying predominately to the automotive industry. They operate on a global scale, and are world leaders in the industry, with operations existing for nearly 50 years.
The purpose of this role is to improve the supply chain and logistic function of the business with the view to lowing logistics cost and improving inventory management. The keys tasks and responsibilities of the position are:
- Assisting with accurate inventory reporting
- Forecasting, including inventory replenishment plans.
- Purchase order processing and inventory reconciliations including stock take reconciliations & investigating discrepancies.
- Liaising with company factories to strategically plan and manage inventory flow, warehouse efficiency's and transportation needs.
- Maintaining metrics and analysing data to assess supply chain performance and implement improvements and efficiency's.
- Processing of import documentation
- Maintenance and updating of system information; purchase order due dates and container arrival schedule
- Coordinate the day to day warehouse function
- Review supply agreements with freight companies to improve transport costs
- Revising and improving OHS policies as required
- Communicate clearly with colleagues, at all organisational levels, regarding strategic objectives and requirements
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you must have a strong/broad background across supply chain and logistics and possess the following skills and attributes:
- Highly motivated self-starter with an ability to inspire and influence others, lead by example and having a hands-on mentality
- Thorough understanding of inventory and import procedures
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Degree in Business discipline highly regarded but not essential
What's on Offer
The chance to work for a global business that is a market leader in their field. They offer a generous starting salary and the opportunity to work in a dynamic supply chain environment.