SQL specalist required for a 4-6 months contract in the Public Sector
Providing finance advice related to budgets, forecasting, reporting and costing
About Our Client
The client is an established local government organisation
- Manage and maintain the councils financial data and reporting systems using MagiQ
- Carry out regular internal system audit of the financial systems using ACL Analytic software
- Coordinate and prepare a variety of reports for the wider business which may include monthly reporting, payroll data, budget management and projected financial statements
- Act as a key stake holder in a finance business partner capacity supporting the business with budget, costing and forecasting preparation
- Manage and deliver high quality budgeting and management reporting functions in line with business expectations
- Collaborate with the wider financial reporting team
The Successful Applicant
- A strong understanding of SQL
- Capable of understanding of general ledger accounting principles
- Specialised skills in mainframe/PC computer, TRIM, ACL scripting database, MagiQ; excel spread sheeting and words skills.
- Ability to independently undertake complex investigatory tasks.
- An ability to independently cost services and to build a budget for activities from a zero base.
- Demonstrated ability to produce and analyse financial reports.
- Ability to understand and consistently maintain a large and structured database and Chart of Accounts.
- Demonstrated experience in providing good customer service and business partnering services in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of Local Government Accounting regulations.
What's on Offer
My client is paying a competitive hourly rate for this role. Please enquire to discuss further.