Systems Engineer - AWS
12 month fixed term contract
Project driven Data-centre upgrade
About Our Client
Our client is a forward-thinking, innovative education institution. An ASX listed business with a global footprint, this organization looks at the bigger picture continuing it's drive into contemporary technologies and AWS cloud based computing.
Initially offering a lengthy 12 month assigment, you will work as part of a small team reporting directly into the IT Manager. The role will focus on the support, upgrade, and optimisation of the company's existing on-premise Infrastructure platform and small AWS cloud footprint. Supporting a user base of 800+ straff across 400 virtual servers amount 2 production Data-centres, you will be an integral contributer to the optimisation and performance of the windows domain, hypervisor and storage platform.
The Successful Applicant
The successful application will possess:
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and administering Microsoft infrastructure; Windows AD, Windows Server 2012/2016, Identity Manager 2016, ADFS 2016, Distributed File Services, SQL
- Strong virtualisation experience supporting and deploying either VMware ESXi 6.x OR Hyper-V
- Experience with next generation Blade hardware enclosure - IBM ideally
- System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) and associated toolset experience
- Experience with Cisco/Meraki network infrastructure (Layer 2 Switching)
- Demonstrated experience is supporting and administering IaaS AWS infrastructure services; CloudFormation, VPC, RDS, IAM, Route53, Cloudwatch
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a predilection for the production and maintenance of high quality documentation
- Advanced experience with Change Management anf ITIL standards
What's on Offer
On offer is an immediate fixed term contract opportunity with a well known brand. You will be given a rare opportunity to work with both on-premise and cloud based infrastructure services, acting as a change agent in a mission critical environment.