- Canberra Based - Permanent Position - Excellent salary package
- Multi Award Winning Company - CRN Fast50 Award - Veeam Rising Star VCSP Partner
About Our Client
The company is an Australian ICT company delivering secure managed services to government and commercial customers. Their growing business is seeking a Linux Systems Engineer to play an integral role in their Canberra-based team.
They are looking for a talented person to augment their team to deal with day-to-day issues, as well as provide support and input in relation to project work. An excellent remuneration package for the right person, including allowances.
An active security clearance is required.
- Work as part of a team to complete assignments and tasks providing maintenance, administration, testing, troubleshooting and diagnostic support for customers' environments; liaise with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Provide internal or external customer and partner support via the Service Desk Portal, email, and phone, as well as onsite from time to time as required. Rostered on-call duties will also be required.
- Perform proactive, scheduled and ongoing maintenance, management, and monitoring tasks to verify and/or improve the integrity and availability of environments.
- Participate and assist the design, development, implementation, support and maintenance of solutions and standards.
- Maintain a high standard of technical deliverables, to meet or exceed agreed timeframes, outcomes and service level agreements.
- Write (or assist to draft) detailed design and build documentation, ensure that it is reviewed for accuracy and compliance to standards and policies.
- Share knowledge and assist other team members to solve technical problems encountered on projects and/or while providing support.
- Capture and escalate unresolved project and support issues to the management team.
- Assist to meet and manage customer expectations and satisfaction, from a technical perspective.
- Escalate support issues to management in a timely manner, including to establish and maintain your familiarity with the escalation processes.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of services, standards, processes and procedures.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong core Linux skills
- Understanding of and experience in designing, building and supporting environments incorporating:
- Experience with open-source application suites (e.g. CKAN, CheckMK).
- Experience using modern orchestration/automation technologies (e.g., Puppet/Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins, etc).
- Experience with analysis, evaluation and preparation of recommendations for system improvements, optimisation, development, and/or maintenance efforts.
- Network troubleshooting
- Fortinet firewalls
- deployment and operation of VMware, Nutanix/OpenStack and other Cloud platforms.
- Directory Services such as Microsoft AD
What's on Offer
On offer for your hard work you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level in an energetic and fast-paced team. Also on offer are the following:
- Immediate start
- Excellent salary package
- Great location
How to contact us
If you currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you please contact us via email or phone.
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skillset however would like to have a confidential discussion on your career please get in touch.