Training & Development
About Our Client
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to join a fast growing organisation based in Melbourne CBD. They have a special need for a Systems Engineer to join their team and help drive their success.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Providing trusted and accurate advice, to both clients and peers, within areas of your technical expertise. This might include suggested support, improvements or potential enhancements.
- You are expected to be able to understand system architectures, and then articulate to non-IT savvy customers when required.
- Ability to comprehend complex system integrations, along with change impacts. It is important to be creative when identifying solutions to achieve customer requirements, while also considering potential customer related financial implications.
- Possess specialised and in-depth knowledge in both the testing and support of certain systems and infrastructure. Testing may be required to identify and assess the success, functionality or vulnerabilities of a system. System support will include strong configuration and troubleshooting capabilities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will ideally possess the following:
- Proven experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- At least 6 year's experience installing and supporting Microsoft server technologies within a corporate environment.
- Tertiary qualifications or relevant certifications, particularly Microsoft, VMWare or AWS.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Proven experience working in complex technology based projects, particularly within environments involving direct customer engagement, team collaboration and deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of ICT and security best practices.
- Proven track record of success in installation and maintenance of LINUX-based software.
- Experience creating automated scripts and software preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
What's on Offer
The position on offer is a permanent opportunity based in the CBD. You will be part of a high performing team and you will have the opportunity to learn something new every day.