3 - 6 Month Contract
Immediately Avaiable Opportunity with a strong pipeline of work
About Our Client
Our client designs, develops and manufactures highly specialised equipment for a broad number of sectors including medical devices & research.
With a heavy focus on innovation, they are consistently looking to deliver cutting edge ideas and technologies to the local and international market.
Due to the successful acquisition of new projects the need has arisen for an experienced System Engineer to join their busy engineering department.
As Systems Engineer you will perform systems engineering activities on complex electro-mechanical, and medical device development programs. Working with a cross-functional team, you will conceive and design system solutions that exceed client expectations. Your key accountability will be the quality and robustness of these products.
Further responsibilities include:
- Conduct requirements analysis based upon the user/customer requirements and capabilities of program core technologies.
- Analysis of alternatives and development of functional and physical solutions, including test or demonstration cases.
- Writing/authoring technical requirements using Requirements Management tools.
- Decomposition of selected architecture into sub-systems and/or elements.
- Generation of Functional Block Diagrams, Boundary Diagrams, Interface Control Documents, Conduct FMEA on proposed solutions.
- Architecture of complex electro-mechanical devices
- Implementation and verification of solutions.
- Hands on with building testbeds and prototyping electro-mechanical equipment.
- Manage technical risk and strategically mitigate them during development
- Effectively plan and execute systems engineering activities to ensure on time completion to program milestones.
- Work within cross functional teams to ensure the quality completion from concept to manufacturing transfer.
- Keep abreast of technology developments and provide recommendations and advice on technology selection and R&D activities.
- Supports continuous improvement activities relating to systems engineering best practices and processes.
The Successful Applicant
To be successfully selected for this postion you must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering; Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electronics, Software or relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years Systems Engineering experience in the design and implementation in regulated industry sector (Medical Devices, Defence, Aerospace, or Automotive)
- Experience with authoring/reviewing technical documentation.
- Experience with Functional Analysis and Decomposition, generation of Functional Block Diagrams, Boundary Diagrams, and Interface Control Documents
- Experience with Python and Lua scripting
- Experience / familiarity with FDA requirements, ISO13485, ISO 14971.
- Experience working within a Systems Engineering lifecycle as per EIA632
- Familiar with using Requirements Management tool JAMA
- Excellent and innate engineering aptitude.
- Hands on experience in building and integration of electro-mechanical prototypes
- Excellent with structured problem-solving methodologies.
- Experience working within a Systems Engineering lifecycle.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, contribute solutions, and remain flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative style, strong interpersonal skills and good communicator.
- Ability to create impactful results by choosing from a wide variety of tools or outlets.
- Ability to work closely with client organizations to ensure delivery to their needs.
What's on Offer
A competitive remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate along with the opportunity to join a strong team in an industry leading company.
Please click 'Apply' below or call Jamie Macdonald on 03 8640 3138.