Canberra Based - Permanent Position
Work Life Balanced Opportunity
About Our Client
Well-known and established ICT company delivering enterprise managed services to government and commercial customers are seeking an experienced and motivated Systems Engineer to join their dynamic team. This company prides itself on delivering innovative solutions while providing an excellent service.
- Passion for virtualisation, cloud and technology, as well as learning and staying on the cutting edge
- Ability to thrive in a mix of autonomous and team-based work, including technical leadership
- Ensuring customer services are always up and running efficiently, including potentially guiding or directing other resources to achieve this outcome where necessary
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with a focus on root cause analysis and remediation
- A keen interest in working closely with customers and ability to develop a deep understanding of our customers' end user requirements
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and interpersonal
- Ability to lead a technical delivery project and to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Experience providing expert support, analysis and research into exceptionally complex business and technology problems
- The ability to think critically in a high-paced environment; a sense of urgency is essential
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 3 years of experience in application delivery and virtualisation technologies, specifically VMWare 5.5 or higher implementation and support experience.
- A solid understanding of networking principles, protocols and technologies.
- Experience using modern orchestration technologies (eg. Puppet/Chef, Salt, Ansible, etc)
- Exposure to or experience in other cloud/virtualisation technologies and platforms (eg. AWS, Azure, KVM, XenServer, Cloud Platform, OpenStack, Docker)
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, particularly in reporting and consultation, with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. This includes the ability to work with customers to define business requirements and to translate them into technical requirements.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyse and interpret information, prepare written reports, deal with challenges creatively and achieve business focused solutions.
- Demonstrated organisational skills and experience working in a high volume and demanding professional environment with a capacity to prioritise, multi-task, achieve business goals, and always work with a customer-focused approach.
- The ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Australian Citizen
What's on Offer
On offer for your hard work you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level in an energetic and fast-paced team. Also on offer are the following:
- Immediate start
- Excellent salary package
- Great location
How to contact us
If you currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you please contact us via email or phone.
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skillset however would like to have a confidential discussion on your career please get in touch.