Projects and BAU Mix of Work
About Our Client
A South of the River located Local Government client. They are currently running a number of minor project to upgrade the current ICT systems, and looking for staff to bolster their current capabilities to deliver the projects on time.
- Maintain and administer the City network, server and storage infrastructure.
- Maintain and administer the City Microsoft Windows Server environment including any associated applications running in the environment.
- Maintain and administer the City VMware, vSphere and View environments.
- Ensure that effective backup and recovery systems and procedures are maintained.
- Maintain and administer the City firewall and anti-virus systems.
- Provide assistance to the help desk team in providing high level network and system support.
- Participate in and contribute to the development of the Information Technology Services Unit Action Plan.
- Research network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Assist in the procurement of network products and services.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures for network system administration and disaster recovery.
- Liaise with key stake holders on technical matters to solve both hardware and software problems if necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Knowledge of VMWare - (VMware vSphere/vCenter 6.0, VMware Horizon View 6.2, etc.)
- Knowledge of Pure Storage
- Knowledge of Cisco Routing and Switching
- Knowledge of Palo Alto
- Knowledge of Veam Backups
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- Able to work in a collaborative or solo capacity
What's on Offer
- Mentoring/On The Job Training
- Strong Remuneration
- Immediate start (16th of March Preferred Start Date)
- Great work environment
- A Week of Handover to get you up to speed