Learning and development
About Our Client
Our client is a global market leader in Automotive products, based within the Melbourne inner suburbs, allowing for innovative learning and development, as well as clear career progression lines. This large organisation set high standards within and in doing so have outstanding results across the team. Having the ability to communicate with others and work in a team are essential qualities to succeed within the organisation as well as a ensuring a strong focus on development and continuous learnings. Being a large scale company there are many staff benefits including generous leave entitlements as well as scope to move within the business and an employee bonus structure.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be supporting the finance team, in so performing the following responsibilities:
- Engage with commercial teams on business activities that have a taxation impact, including managing FBT liability and completing the annual FBT return
- Complete quarterly review of distributions, tax returns, BAS and tax reports (GST add back) for risk management and control purposes, including creating, maintaining and reviewing master data records
- Calculation of DTA/DTL, as well as implementing all relevant tax changes to the company systems and procedures in a timely manner
- Liaise directly with external auditors and ensure all tax queries are responded to and actioned in a timely manner when necessary, including yearend tax reporting and lodgement (including income tax)
- Review all financial modules from a tax perspective to ensure the booking and compliance with local legislation and group requirements
- Ad-hoc projects and further business analysis
The Successful Applicant
This is a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic up and coming first time mover from a top accounting firm looking to move into industry. Exposure to ASX or automotive companies will be beneficial, with the ability to work in a team and show a willingness to challenge those around you in order to grow together. Communication skills are paramount, CA or CPA qualification and a familiarity with accounting systems as well as a strong excel skill set are preferred. Strong knowledge of taxation and the accounting standards are essential.
What's on Offer
The ability to add value and display a strong work ethic, will allow you to thrive in a diverse working environment. In doing so you will be rewarded with a generous bonus structure as well as continuous learning and development. Proving your ability within the role will allow for autonomous working hours as well as the ability to move within the organisation.