Growing public practice firm with scope to progress
Flexible work environment and friendly team
About Our Client
Our client are an experienced team of financial advisors and professionals who provide accounting services, SMSF services, payroll services, cash flow management, book keeping services, taxation services, management accounting and more that are vital to business growth, personally and professionally. Their clientele includes an Individual, Partnership firms, Sole trader, Trusts, Companies, SMSF, Associations.
Responsibilties inclde but are not limited to:
- Prepare Financial Statements, including Depreciation Schedules;
- Preparation of Tax Returns;
- Prepare Business Activity Statements (BAS's) and Instalment Activity Statements (IAS's);
- Computer data input; Complete timesheet daily.
- Managing SMSF
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant taxation and other relevant legislation and rulings.
- Research and accurately interpret taxation and other relevant legislation and rulings for clients
- Participate in external and internal training as required
- Ensure that all work is error-free and professionally presented and complies with the company's' procedures and systems
- Maintain current and accurate files and record and date any actions and detailed file notes Prepare work flow reports for client work
- Other duties as requested
The Successful Applicant
- Tertiary Accounting Qualifications
- CA/CPA qualified or progression toward CA/CPA qualification would be preferred
- 3+ years' experience in the preparation of Financial Statements and Tax Returns
- Excellent knowledge of taxation relating to SMSF, CGT, Income Tax, FBT , Payroll and Workcover.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn, show initiative and be a positive "team player"
- Positive attitude and high level of of client engagement and delivery
- Highest standard of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism
- Excellent time management skills
What's on Offer
- Competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and market
- Opportunity to join successful accounting firm and career progression based on performance
- You will have exposure to dealing with high calibre clients that will build your business partnering skills