Team Leader, Psychology
Australia's leading Autism service provider experiencing exponential growth
Collaborative and agile transdisciplinary organisation
About Our Client
Irabina IS Autism and actively builds a better future for children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), transforming autism for future generations.
Irabina prides itself on its client-centric approach, offering a personalised service based on an agile, transdisciplinary model to effectively 'wrap around the child', supporting client and family needs from a genuine 360-degree perspective.
Due to significant growth, Irabina is seeking a full time Psychology Team Leader (Grade 3 and above) to join the dynamic team at their Bayswater site.
As an integral member of the leadership team, you will work collaboratively within a close-knit team to take the organisation to the next level. Specifically, you will:
- Lead and develop Psychology services in line with strategic objectives.
- Provide strategic clinical leadership and direction in the development and maintenance of best practice psychology services.
- Manage a team of up to 7 clinicians and provide supervision and mentoring.
- Provide oversight and clinical input to clients and their families according to identified needs
- Ensure a high standard of clinical care that is congruent with the values of Irabina and Psychology professional standards.
- Contribute to the development of Irabina's clinical governance framework.
The Successful Applicant
You will have a passion for paediatric related psychology and a proven ability to work with clinician team members and, clients and families alike, to bring about positive outcomes. You will be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, collaborative spirit who has a track record of success in a similar capacity.
You will also possess the following:
- Full APRHA registration
- Psychology Qualification
- Demonstrated Leadership skills
- Extensive experience in Paediatric Psychology service provision (minimum 5 years).
- Experience providing intervention and support to children and adolescents with ASD and mental health difficulties
- Excellent knowledge of evidence-based practice within the area of psychology.
- Awareness of the principles of family centred practice.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Eligible for a Medicare provider number.
- Working with Children Check, valid Police check.
What's on Offer
As the leader within Autism in Australia, Irabina are able to offer research and evidence-based support, intervention services, education and training programs on an ongoing basis throughout your career.
The environment is highly collegiate and involves ongoing collaboration with on-site colleagues from occupational therapy, speech pathology, behavioral analysts and paediatric specialists from a variety of backgrounds, giving ample opportunities to learn and have fun whilst being engaged on the job.
Finally this is a fantastic opportunity to work in a role that makes a genuine positive impact and helps to build a better future for children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).