Technical BA (5 months)
Technical BA in a Government organisation in the CBD
5 month initial contract
About Our Client
The project deals with the organisational and services transition for TAFENSW out of my client's IT environment.
The approach will be to logically and physically separate the applications and services from the current environment, and either transition "as is" or transforming them, depending on the level of readiness of the TAFE's new target IT environment. It is envisioned that extensive work will be required to design, implement and prepare the TAFE target environment, that is, the systems and support mechanisms, for the transition/transformation to be successful.
The Technical Business Analyst works with the TAFE separation project team to facilitate all activities enabling the physical and logical migration of Infrastructure and Applications to the TAFE defined target state.
The post holder will work with technical specialists for the following activities:
- Plan, co-ordinate and complete activities to transition TAFE applications to the relocate the TAFE defined target state.
- Perform research and interviews to document the TAFE applications within the organisation and then translate such into specifications for the transition out of my client.
- Interface with various team members such as product owners, systems team, business personnel and support staff on a regular basis
- Assist in business Change Management activities
- Help the project meet schedule and business objectives
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrated ability to engage with a diverse team of infrastructure, middleware and applications experts, architects and senior managers.
- Knowledge of contemporary data centre infrastructure technologies including virtualisation, networking, clustering, database, middleware and storage.
- Demonstrated experience in application migration and relocation.
- Demonstrated experience to plan, document and run changes.
- Demonstrate a holistic understanding of data centre operations functions.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills and the ability to organise both themselves and others is key.
My client are keeping all existing applications just removing TAFE data from them. We are not closing or rolling off applications. Hence we need a strong tech BA to do design, as is and to be from a tech data and process perspective. Also needs to be a solid engager with vendors and tricky stakeholders internally.
- Team-orientated, with a positive outlook and a clear focus on delivering high quality work and ensuring business productivity.
- Diplomatic and sensitive to the implications of change and is keenly aware of political sensitivities.
- An empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
What's on Offer
On offer is an initial 5-month contract located in George St and with a vibrant environment.