- Great Remuneration and Relocation subsidies
- Fantastic Public Sector role
About Our Client
At Michael Page Recruitment we are experts in putting you first. Therefore, we have partnered exclusively with a leading Government body in the public sector providing civil infrastructure. With a strong focus on people, culture, and services our client has earned a reputation as a premier organisation, attracting long term employees and solid projects. A lot of companies will say this, but this is a community focused government organisation- so their people come first. Our client is constantly upskilling and looking after their team to help see their very best in potential and for their staff members to grow.
The position will make an important contribution to achieving public sector objectives around excellence in asset management, particularly planning and design to better balance the financial, environmental and social costs, risk, quality and affordability of service-related assets.
- Design of asset solutions from project initiation through to conceptual designs, detailed designs, "For Construction" and "As Built" drawings.
- Utilising design software packages and processes, undertake drafting activities, prepare cost estimates, bill of quantities, and technical documentation.
- Comply with the clients quality management system, including maintenance of drawing registers, including both Council and developer provided infrastructure and system improvements.
- Ensure design drawings, sketches and calculations are presented in accordance with relevant company standards and industry standards.
- Implement and comply with design standards, documentation and drawing standards.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and to the establishment of business systems and processes that impact on activities and outcomes achieved by the section.
- Manage workloads and responsibilities to meet service level requirements, deadlines and agreed expectations imposed by Manager Asset Design, Engineering Asset Solutions team, and other relevant company officers are met.
- Assist Manager Asset Design to provide timely and accurate information as required to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide input as required to resolving allocated internal and external customer service requests in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Mentor and assist other Designers to develop their capabilities and provide peer support through sharing knowledge, skills and experiences.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the clients quality management system.
- Assist in the development and improvement of design standards, documentation and drawing standards.
- Contribute to the relevance and currency of the design team, by ensuring engineering and design software and systems remain functional, practical and efficient in order for Council to remain compatible and consistent with industry standards.
- Work to ensure the integrity of all tasks undertaken are efficiently carried out and completed as per direction and to specifications.
- Where delays, interruptions or changes in work are identified, liaise with line management for an appropriate course of action to minimise issues.
- Required to exercise the legislative powers in relation to entry onto private property for the purposes of performing public sector works and/or monitoring/enforcing the provisions of legislation.
The Successful Applicant
1. Associate Degree in Civil Engineering or approved equivalent.
2. Comprehensive disciplined knowledge and skills gained through previous appointment in a design or technical role.
3. Proficient skills, knowledge and experience in the operation of AutoCAD, Civil3D or similar civil design software.
4. Experience in the application of Guidelines, relevant Acts and Regulations, Engineering Guidelines and Standards.
5. Demonstrated problem solving, analysis and comprehension, and creative thinking skills.
6. Time management, planning and interpersonal skills to engage with others and meet regular and concurrent deadlines.
7. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
8. Sound communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
9. Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
10. Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
What's on Offer
- Full time role in a government organisation
- Excellent Government Benefits
- Relocation Benefits/ Excellent Remuneration package
- Plenty of ongoing works and projects
- Fantastic superannuation package
- Stability in a government role