Technical Manager - Food Manufacturing
Excellent leadership opportunity
Work with a growing Food manaufacturer delivering premium product to market
About Our Client
Our client has a strong reputation in the development, manufacture and delivery of high quality food products to the local wholesale and food service sector. For decades they have been growing from strength to strength with the continued introduction of new and innovative products.
In this role you will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Co-ordinate the activities of the internal customer account team to provide outstanding customer service. All activities to be undertaken in line with the Fullers Foods Quality Management System.
- Set the quality standard of each product in conjunction with the customer, and confirm agreed standards with the supplier. Product quality standards to be monitored by undertaking scheduled consistency panels. This process to be undertaken with the customer product manager where possible.
- Report out of specification products with the supplier in a timely manner. Report back to the customer with a corrective action plan along with timescales.
- Facilitate the New Product Development process, ensuring that critical timelines are met, specifications and quality attribute documents are written and approved, and the product is launched on time and to specification.
- Attend first production runs with customers where required or appropriate.
- Review customer complaints by supplier, and by product on a weekly basis. Identify complaint trends by complaint type, date code and site, and formulate a corrective action plan and timescales with suppliers. Communicate the corrective action plan to the customer. Constantly review supplier performance. React to urgent customer and consumer complaints with suppliers in a timely manner
- Undertake scheduled Product Quality Inspection visits to assess supplier performance, record and follow up on visit non-conformances in conjunction with the Compliance team
- Facilitate the collation of KPI data. Review and present the report to customers.
- Provide a high level of support to all internal and external customers.
- Advise the business on emerging worldwide factors affecting the commercial and technical status of products purchased and supplied to customers.
- Ad Hoc duties that may be required from time to time for the need of the business
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in food or science related discipline preferred
- Certifications an advantage including Quality or Food Safety Auditor, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma
- SQF and Halal practitioner, exposure to BRC, ISO and International QSR standards are highly appreciated (Subway, BK, YUM!)
- Ideally you will have 7-10 years of hands on experience in or working in Food manufacturing organizations with extensive experience in product development and QA systems.
What's on Offer
An excellent salary package will be on offer to the successful candidate coupled with the opportunity to lead the delivery of high quality and innovative products to market.